private roleplay for luna and jaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

genesis enterprises | roleplay

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

genesis enterprises | roleplay Empty genesis enterprises | roleplay

Post by luna Sat May 10, 2014 12:04 am

The cell across the hall closed as Maria was hauled from hers, leaving her old cellmate as she walked down the aisle between the two rows of barred cells. With her feet cuffed so she could only move one step at a time and not even dare to bolt from the scene, she shuffled down the row with a guard tugging her along until she reached a set of doors that lead to the true horror of this all. And that was all she remembered.

Now she sat in a new cell, starting at a boy across from her on her perch also known as the scratchy sheet-covered, thin, hard mattress. But she had this overwhelming feeling towards this person, almost like . . . almost like . . . love? Was it love? Maybe it was but Maria couldn't care in the moment.

-

"Where am I? Why . . . why can't I see?" Leo was confused. Very, very confused. It wasn't like his eyes hurt or anything, but he couldn't exactly feel them either. Or see from them either. All bad things when you had no clue where the hell you were or who the hell you were with.

luna
Admin

https://jadedandluna.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

genesis enterprises | roleplay Empty Re: genesis enterprises | roleplay

Post by jaded Mon May 12, 2014 9:36 pm

The walls talked. No, really. The other pris—patients dug and dug and dug at a wall until a hole big enough to see through formed, and their neighbors followed suit, and soon enough, every cell in the entire goddamn place had a hole or two in it. The workers got tired of filling them in. Thus, often, when one was trying to fall asleep, he or she could often hear words of wisdom or tales of horror from the other side. For instance, his first night spent at Genesis, he was given the advice, "Don't drink the coffee." They didn't give the prisoners coffee. The man who'd told him had one eye, missing teeth, and no legs. Batshit crazy.

And here, he'd become one of them. Scars lined his jaw and cheek, and his handsome face had been marred by experimenting. Nose out of joint. Calloused lips. Some kind of eye infection discolored his left eye—or maybe that was on purpose. No limbs missing—yet—but that wasn't to say he hadn't been changed in the slightest. He looked half-dead on a good day, and when they brought in a random teenage girl he'd never seen before who looked remotely untouched, he couldn't help but think she was a newbie. She'd wake up screaming every night for two months, maybe two and a half. She was staring at him—a pretty little blonde with striking blue eyes, but he said nothing, merely stared back.

-

Avery lay draped over the sorry excuse for a mattress, watching a man who couldn't have been more than three or four years older than her sit on the floor near the door and ask where he was, and why he couldn't see. "You're in hell, son." She slid from the mattress with catlike movements and slinked over to him, looking him over from afar before taking a few steps closer. "God, couldn't they have at least moved you to the bed first?"

"What a pretty little mouth you have. Too bad you use it a bit too much. Wouldn't it be a shame for something to happen to it?" What a perfectly sweet threat to receive on your first day here. The doctor had never acted on it—not yet, though word threw the wall told her he'd been coming back to fulfill old promises lately. And what did she have to say to that? Not today. This one had probably been complimented on his eyes. [color=teal][b]"How many fingers am I holding up?"[/i] She made no move to hold any up.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Mon May 12, 2014 10:02 pm

"Your name's Darren." Maria plainly spoke, looking down at her hands that rested in her crossed legs, furrowing her brow as she quickly blinked a few times. She didn't know how she knew her cellmate's name, but she just did. It seemed so familiar like she'd spoken it time and time again for her entire life. But she'd never seen him before at Genesis through the two years she'd stayed.

She surveyed his skin, his face, looking for the flaws that most likely were inflicted by the crooked humans called doctors in this facility - if you could even call it that. She saw scars and the oddity of a left eye that looked almost frightening compared to what would be considered normal, but the real frightening thing: she thought her living partner's face was handsome like nothing she'd seen before. And on the plus side, he had all his limbs too.

-

Leo sat there, hands in his lap as he stared ahead with a blank expression and pupils that were oddly large. So this was hell apparently. "I thought it'd be hotter . . . " He knew he was damned long before we was doomed but he didn't know hell included blindness. Did he do something to a blind person and this was the universe's way of punishing him?

When the female voice asked if he could tell her how many fingers she was holding up, he knew he was screwed. "Um . . . well, funny thing - really. I can't see." How did she expect the blind kid to do the blind kid test?

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Mon May 12, 2014 10:15 pm

The girl proceeded to tell him his own name, and he cocked an eyebrow. "That it is... And who, might I ask, told you that?" She might've heard it through the wall, but only the real crazies used the wall to get valid information like names. Everything else—rumors, or just figments of some poor soul's imagination, at best.

"And what's yours?" He looked her over again, half-expecting to discover something wrong with her that he hadn't seen before. The twenty-one year old found nothing. An untouched girl in his room? Something had to be up. Benjamin Brookes, the local pyro, sat up on his mattress and pressed an eye to the wall behind him, and Hood turned to glance in his direction. The man said nothing, growing bored and laying back down after a few moments. Brookes's cell always smelled distinctly of smoke.

-

"It froze over. Some guy said when he did something, hell would freeze over, and he did it, and what do you know? Froze over." She frowned when he didn't even bother guessing how many fingers she was holding up and grabbed him by the hand, pulling him to his feet (or trying). "Up. Get up before the demons come to feed us." The meal tray would burn him if he touched it before it cooled.

It'd probably be another round of spicy soup with bland bread and a small cup of room-temperature water, like always. A few months of trying to bribe the guards with various things and methods and she still hadn't managed to get a decent meal. "What's your name, or have you forgotten it?" Sage hoped not. She had enough to worry about. Teaching a man his name and how to live again was not one of them.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Tue May 13, 2014 12:45 am

Though she didn't show signs of experimentation on the outside, Maria had a madman's consciousness. Sleep was hard to come by, or at least good sleep. Her dreams were constantly filled with fear as night terrors plagued her mind in the darkest hours. But her wear and tear did not show when the man across from her looked at her, nor the man through the hole in the wall.

"I-I don't know . . . I just know it and I don't know how." She said quietly, mystified how she knew this face and name so well. She felt like she'd never seen him before, but at the same time, every single day of her life. "But, um, my name's Maria. How long have I been staring at you?" She wondered if this possibly had to do with one if the doctors. Well, it had to - no one was just randomly moved from their cell to a completely new one on a whim.

-

Leo got to his feet without much of an issue, just a little unbalanced as he stumbled back a step or two. "The name's Leo. And who are you?", he asked. He could tell by her voice where his cellmate was, so he turned in attempt to face but he ended up looking just over her shoulder as his eyes scrolled form left to right - a common side effect of blindness.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue May 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Darren's eyes—one golden-brown and one milky—narrowed. Something was off about the girl sitting in front of him. Even if she didn't know it herself—she'd been placed with him for a reason, and he had a feeling it wasn't to be his friend. "Maria? You've been staring for several minutes." Suspicion and irritation laced his tone. "What're you in for?"

-

He wasn't kooking at her, but beyond her, past her. Seeing as he seemed mostly harmless, she took him by the arm and brought him to his cot, gently pushing him down onto it. "Avery. Otherwise known as patient 66." The blonde recited matter-of-factly. Using her real name felt strange, like it didn't feel right rolling off her tongue anymore. No one ever asked for it, because no one cared. "What'd they do to you?"

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Wed May 14, 2014 8:26 pm

She'd been staring for several minutes. Maria felt it had only been a few seconds, but there had to be some greater power at work here. Hypnotism or drugs - she didn't know. She just knew something was very off about the whole situation.

"They, uh . . . they grabbed me when I was walking to school one morning. it was raining and I remember ending up covered in mud after they forced me to the ground." She looked down at her hands, chewing on her lip as she did so. "That was almost two years ago."

-

"They use numbers instead of names? Primitive", Leo scoffed as he sat down on a poor excess for what he thought was a bed. Or maybe it was a table . . . Anyway, he continued. "They took my vision . . . obviously. I think I'm fine otherwise; everything else feels normal to me."

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Wed May 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Huh. She hadn't even been worth enough for them to be willing to pay for her. She was one of the stragglers they snagged off the side of the road for free. Ofcourse they'd try out something odd on her; the expensive patients they bought were used for experiments with guaranteed results. Proven, even, or just something really important. Benjamin told him over and over that he was one of those patients, but he hardly wanted to admit it. Nothing good seemed to come of acknowledging such a thing. Brookes, though, was proud of such a status. Then again, he was a devoted alcoholic and pyromaniac, and had a love affair with all things hot. "And how old were you then?"

-

Rolling her eyes, the fiery blonde took a step forward and yanked his sleeve up, revealing his patient number. "If you say so, eighty-two." He proceeded to tell her that he was only blind, and that otherwise, he was totally fine, and her grey eyes rolled. "Oh, definitely. You're only blind and utterly defenseless. You're fine." How kind of them to replace her old cellmate with a dependent, blind ball of sarcasm and confusion.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Wed May 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Maria looked at her arms, inspecting them to see if there were any marks from where an IV or needle had been. She found no such marks. Hypnotism it was then. But for what?

"Fifteen." She was one of the younger ones in the prison though there were a dozen or so younger than her; the littler ones were harder to gather from under their parents' noses.

-

"Well I'm not dead. That has to count for something." Leo shrugged, staring blindly - literally - at the wall. Eighty-two. Damn. Wish I could've gotten sixty-nine, if ya know what I mean. He wondered if the numbers had anything to do with when the patients-slash-prisoners arrived at . . . at hell, or whatever this place was really called - though hell seemed fitting enough.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Thu May 15, 2014 5:31 pm

She'd been fifteen then, which meant she was seventeen now. Still young, and such a waste. He'd been brought in at nineteen. "What've they done to you?" She seemed to be trying to figure it out herself, so he didn't really expect much of an answer. Maybe it hadn't taken effect yet.

-

"The longer you stay here, the more you wish you will be. That's why we don't have shoes. Some kid tried to string himself up in the shower with the laces." She remembered hearing that through the wall. The guards had stopped him not because they cared about him, but because he was an investment.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sat May 17, 2014 12:59 am

They had done so much to her mind in such a little time, scarring her for life. "They tried to replace some of my memories. They had this thing that held open my eyes so I couldn't close them, and-and they played these awful tapes of children being beat for hours on end. It worked, partway at least." Maria was quiet, looking down at her hands.

What wasn't replaced was horrifically mangled with the videos they showed her, and the recordings they played of terrified voices and one commanding one telling her how to feel. It was terrifying when she tried to figure out what was real and what was not, only to find that most of it wasn't but she couldn't rid her mind of the images no matter how hard she tried.

-

"That explains why my feet are cold." Leo felt his feet, finding them uncovered and the pads of his toes calloused as usual. But by the sounds of the place he couldn't blame the guy for trying to kill himself. But of course that'd be too easy, too simple of a way to leave hell.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sun May 18, 2014 1:06 am

Darren was silent for a while, figuring nothing he could've said would've done any good. Nothing could take away what she'd seen, not an apology from someone who hadn't had anything to do with it, not an apology from someone who did it—nothing. "That's shittier than usual. A damn shame, if you ask me." He might've been minorly maimed and half-blinded, but she'd seen far worse images.

-

Avery's grey eyes flickered to his feet. "The guards keep it cold in here. They joke about hanging meat in here, like a freezer." Considering some of the patients were nothing more than glorified chunks of meat, she could see why the joke would seem funny. They were sadists, or just sad, at least, and as much as she tried, she couldn't bargain with them.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sun May 18, 2014 1:41 am

Maria actually hated the pity she received. I mean, she couldn't exactly blame them for feeling bad about her purest hell, but still. No apology from anyone but the people who did these things to her would make her truly feel better. "Sometimes it's worse than others. What happened to your eye?" She quickly asked her question to move the topic from herself, back to Darren.

-

"Or hell really did freeze over." Leo's face showed with a smirk, bringing the conversation back to how it started: hell. This was their own living hell but at least they weren't alone. A hell alone would be . . . well, hell.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sun May 18, 2014 1:52 am

His eye. She wanted to know about his milky eye. "I don't know. They screwed something up. Blinded that eye and took the coloring out of it. Doesn't hurt anymore." He shrugged, even though it wasn't shrugworthy. His blindness was permanent, and blatantly obvious. Scars would heal. His eye never would.

-

Avery watched him warily, cracking a cautious smile when he talked about hell freezing over. "Good possibility." The door swung open and she froze, relaxing a bit when she saw it was only the guard. "Don't talk unless you've gotten any smarter, Baker."

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sun May 18, 2014 2:13 am

"Well it doesn't look bad at least." Most girls would turn away or just stare at the poor guy, but there was something almost beautiful about the milky color compared to the vibrancy of his other eye. This may have been part of what ever the doctors had done to her, but it also could've just been her personality.

-

Leo sat there quietly. He wasn't confident enough to speak to someone he couldn't even see besides his cellmate. It'd be hard not to talk to her especially in his blinded state.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sun May 18, 2014 2:19 am

She told him it didn't look bad, and he scoffed. They'd replaced his old cellmate with a liar. "Yeah... you don't have to lie to me. I know it looks creepy. Most of us here do." At least he wasn't the only one. Benjamin didn't need the doctors to make him odd, but they'd helped him, anyway.

-

The guard rolled his eyes and latched onto her arm, yanking her off the bed. "You're late for your appointment." The blonde growled up at him, "I'm sick. Besides, I can't get out without you. It's your fault."

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sun May 18, 2014 2:37 am

"I-I'm not lying." Her striking blue eyes were clear, not a single lie could be found within them. And she wasn't lying then. She liked flaws, she admired them more than other things. His eye was something he couldn't change so why hate instead of embracing it?

-

Wait is she's leaving? How long will she be gone? Leo was curious and a bit worried. She was like his guide dog, but not a dog - he didn't like comparing girls to dogs, too crude for his taste. Anyway, he needed her here to help in his weakest moments.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sun May 18, 2014 2:42 am

Darren's gaze flickered to hers for a moment, but he still didn't believe she was beinf anything more than needlessly polite. "Right. Whatever you say. When's your next appointment?" One more year, and he'd be gone—free or dead.

-

"Come on, sixty-six." The guard growled, dragging her out with a tight grip on the crook of her arm. The blonde hardly had time to look back, let aloneto explain to the blind boy where she was going. When she returned several hours later flustered and out of breath, she collapsed on her bed and closed her eyes. He was still there. Hadn't moved much.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sun May 18, 2014 2:56 am

"Two months. Still don't know for what." Maria wasn't sure she'd be able to handle much more without stringing herself up the showers. She could barely sleep, and God only knows what they did to her this time. Maybe she wouldn't know. Maybe it would kill her first . . . Ah, a girl could dream.

-

Leo heard boots outside the cell, the creak of the hinges and then a slam. He had to rely on only his basic senses at this point with his sight gone. He listened for the padding of feet on the cement floor. "Avery?" his voice was low, carrying through the air easily due to the lower pitch.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sun May 18, 2014 11:20 am

Damn. She must've gotten a few months of break in between to let whatever they'd done to her kick in. He had a hard time deciding whether he envied or pitied her for that much. "Most of us around here are called in daily or weekly. You're either a special case, or they don't know what the hell to do with you."

-

The blind man at the other end of the cell spoke her name, and she turned her head to look, sweat and tears mingling on her cheeks. "What?" She mumbled, tiredly laying her head down on her pillow. She'd shower when she felt stronger.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sun May 18, 2014 3:10 pm

"She . . . she likes to torture me. Make me wallow in my own mind or-or the one that she's trying to create for me." Her voice was quiet, nothing above a whimper as she spoke of her tormentor, Dr. Hanover. She was the one commanding all the horrendous experiments on the girl's mind.

-

"What . . . what did they do to you?" Leo's voice was barely above a whisper. He couldn't see her, but she was quiet. In the ten minutes he had known her she wasn't one to be quiet. But now she was.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sun May 18, 2014 3:32 pm

She was probably given such a long break so that the doctor could formulate a new plan of torture for her. His doctors just toyed around with the occasional body part. It seemed as if his new cellmate was even more scarred than he was physically. Only seventeen, and she'd been there two years. She was far from the youngest, but it still surprised him. "Damn."

-

Avery shook her head, and when she remembered he couldn't see her, she let out a shaky sigh. "Nothing. I'm fine." She forced herself out of bed and to the shower, eager to wash the sticky feeling from her skin that the doctor's experiment brought.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sun May 18, 2014 6:11 pm

"Yeah." The poor girl didn't know what else to say, but her screams and sobs in the night would say enough. As others groaned and cried out in pain, she would scream through her night terrors, only to awake to find the real horrors were in her waking hours.

"How old are you then?" It was hard to tell from the scars and the milky eye, but mostly, she just need the attention away from herself in the moment. Maria fidgeted in her spot, rolling and unrolling the hem line of the cotton sweatpants she wore.

-

Leo nodded. He felt around on his cot for a pillow and the blanket, curling under it. Though he didn't sleep, he laid there. He wondered what had really happened to his cellmate because he knew she wasn't telling him something. He wasn't sure what something, but she wasn't telling him the whole truth. He just knew it.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sun May 18, 2014 9:29 pm

The girl began to fidget, and he wondered if it was because of what they'd done or him. "Twenty-one. I leave or die in a year." Or he'd be offered a spot among the faculty, which could possibly be even worse than the latter option.

-

The girl showered and returned shortly after, having scrubbed hard to get the smell of the guard off of her skin. Her hands, chest, and shoulders were red from the steaming water, and she'd slipped back into the scratchy shirt and pants she'd been given, and then returned to her cot.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sun May 18, 2014 10:12 pm

Maria still had four more years of hell to endure. Death would be better than this, maybe even better than leaving. "Where are you from?" She had to learn something about her cellmate, and maybe this topic would bring the conversation to a happier light instead of the somber one that surrounded them.

-

Leo laid their, absent eyes looking straight at the wall ahead where Avery was. But he didn't know that. Or at least, not yet. It'd only be a matter of time, he figured, before she would tell him to quite staring at her.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next