private roleplay for luna and jaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

genesis enterprises | roleplay

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

genesis enterprises | roleplay - Page 2 Empty Re: genesis enterprises | roleplay

Post by jaded Sun May 18, 2014 11:12 pm

"Oregon. I was planning on becoming a doctor." He wasn't sure where Genesis was located, but he knew it might not be in Oregon. There was no way of telling where they were, and the guards and doctors weren't quick to distribute information.

-

"Close your eyes. You can't see, anyway, and it's kind of creeping me out." But his gaze didn't make her skin crawl like the guard's had, and would continue to. Months, months it had been going on, and she'd yet to get used to it. It was almost like an official appointment nowadays. "Go to sleep. I'll keep watch." Sometimes, the doctors came in to collect patients on whims for experiments.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

genesis enterprises | roleplay - Page 2 Empty Re: genesis enterprises | roleplay

Post by luna Mon May 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Maria scoffed. "Bet you don't want to be one now." She couldn't blame him for wanting not to be so anymore - how could you when you see how knowledge could corrupt a person? She herself wanted to be a teacher. Probably in art or biology or something like that. "I'm from Washington, actually. Seattle-Tacoma area."

-

Leo laughed softly as Avery notified of his creepy blank stare. "Yes ma'am." He grinned softly, closing his eyes as he tried to go to sleep. "G'night Avery." he wasn't used to calling someone a number and it showed, nor did he care for a using a number instead of a name - it made a person less human.

luna
Admin

https://jadedandluna.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Mon May 19, 2014 10:00 pm

"I do. But not like this." He could easily wind up on the faculty in a few years if e wanted to, but no part of Genesis appealed to him. How could he turn on the other patients like that? Benjamin would set him on fire. "Not too far."

-

"Night, Leo." The nights were never good. He used her name instead of her number, and she wondered if it was out of habit or on purpose. The guard knew her real name, but never used it. That'd be giving her too much dignity, she guessed. The blonde stayed awake a while longer, half-expecting someone to burst through the door at any moment.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Mon May 19, 2014 10:09 pm

"I miss the rain. It was a pain in the ass to walk through everyday and you don't think you'd miss something like that", her voice trailed to silence before she spoke again. "But you do. Every damn day." She missed her family too. Her bed, her friends, her school, homework. God. Never thought I'd miss that.

-

Leo fell asleep pretty quickly, but had trouble staying asleep. It wasn't because of night terrors or fear or anything common, but due to his lack of vision. It was common among those who were blind to have issues falling and staying asleep. You would think it the opposite, but nope - not the case apparently.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Mon May 19, 2014 10:31 pm

"If you're lucky, you might get to go outside when they bury you. Or if one of the guards takes you. But that might not be so lucky." The guards were sometimes worse than the doctors, and not worth bargaining with for a trip outside. They rarely kept their word.

-

Avery awoke the next morning slightly sore and bruised, and sat up in bed, already disgruntled. No window—no light. The only light that reached her eyes was that which could be seen through the crack under the door. Part of her wanted to shower again, but she knew that wouldn't do her much good. Nothing seemed to anymore. The sixteen year old glanced in the general direction of the other cot, listening for Leo's breathing to gauge whether he was awake or not.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Tue May 20, 2014 12:22 am

Maria nodded. "My old cellmate, she had a deal with one of the guards. She only got an extra bowl of soup here and there, sometimes better clothes too." From what she was aware of, the deals with the guards were often one-sided with not much reciprocation on their side, or at least not enough for what the patients would trade in hopes of better treatment.

-

Leo slept two hours that whole night, maybe three at the most. The one thing he loved most - like a true teenager - was sleep. But now he couldn't. He was tired, but not that tired. Damn. It sucked being blind.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue May 20, 2014 4:30 pm

"And I'd bet that guard took way more than she wanted to give." All for an extra bowl of soup or better clothes, on occasion. The guards knew they could get whatever they wanted with more or less empty promises, especially from the girls.

-

Anthony hadn't come yet, and she knew that meant he probably wouldn't. Not for a few days. She laid back against the wall, running a hand through her tousled blonde hair. Leo seemed to be sleeping unusually well for a newcomer. She had to wonder if he was dead.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Tue May 20, 2014 5:15 pm

"It seemed so.  I warned her not to make that deal.  But she did anyway."  Maria sighed.  "I'm happy I don't have to see his face anymore.  He would grin at me in this way that would just make my skin crawl."  The girl made a face of disgust as she thought of the old guard.  She didn't have to see him anymore, but she feared the guard who would be taking over in her new cell block, and what he could do.

-

Leo listened as he heard something hit against the wall.  Probably Avery.  She seemed to be troubled the night before so it was no wondering she was awake now.  But he called out to make sure.  "You awake?"

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Tue May 20, 2014 11:39 pm

"Lucky she even had the opportunity to make a deal. Sometimes they don't even ask. They just take." He'd seen that happen before, too. Shame as it was, no one could do anything about it; both parties would be hurt. "What happened to her, then?"

-

"Mhm." She shifted so that she was sitting half-Indian dtyle with one knee straight up and waited for his form to become clearer in the darkness. "You slept awfully well for a newbie, you know. Are you deaf, too? Do you not hear the loonies cooning at you through the wall?" An eerie laugh sounded from behind her and she hardly flinched, already used to the man's listening in on her conversations and laughing at inappropriate times. He was insane.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Wed May 21, 2014 7:26 am

"She denied the guard what he wanted and coincidentally 'slipped' in the shower and died. Poor thing . . ." Maria shook her head. She saw the girl's body as they carted her away. She was covered in bruises and her whole face was bloody and battered, obviously injured far more than the simple injuries of a fall.

-

"I didn't sleep." Leo sat up slowly, running a hand through his presumably messy hair. "Slept maybe an hour, two at most. Guess I wasn't tired or something." Nope. He didn't know why he was tired yet, but he'd soon figure out.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Wed May 21, 2014 9:42 pm

"Not quite as bad as the girl who fell down the garbage disposal accidentally, or the one found dismembered behind a dumpster outside, but a pity, just as well." So many tragic stories that seemed like horror movie fodder.

"You're gonna need sleep. It'll come." How did he know he was asleep, anyhow? She was about to ask him when someone knocked on the door. She froze like a deer in headlights, watching as the guard strode in to retrieve her. "No—I don't have an appointment today." Too soon.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sat May 24, 2014 3:51 pm

"Agreed." Maria had heard her fair share of the horrid crimes against humanity. "Makes you wonder though, how much was the doing of doctors with only the help of the guards."

-

Leo wasn't sure what to do. He could hear the tinge of fear in her voice but he couldn't do a damn thing about it. Not without his eyesight. He was useless. Purely, utterly useless.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sun May 25, 2014 12:46 am

"I don't doubt anything in here." Anything was possible. He'd learned to never underestimate the impossible or downright immoral. Every moral he had had been violated and challenged within his first month.

-

He reached for her still and wrenched her out of bed, and she reluctantly followed. "But just yesterday—" His palm made contact with her cheek and she shrieked, his hand leaving a stinging feeling that refused to numb.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sun May 25, 2014 10:57 pm

[ time skip ]

-

"HEY!" Leo snapped. He was pretty useless but he wasn't going to just sit there are let someone be slapped, let alone a girl. "Get your hands off her."

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Mon May 26, 2014 11:01 pm

[idk what to have him doing]

-

Anthony paused to snicker at Leo, who hadn't moved from his perch on the bed since the night before but had voiced his opinion. "How cute. The blind dog trying to protect a girl he can't even see." He pulled her out into the hall and shut the door, leaving the dark-haired boy alone in the cell.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Fri May 30, 2014 10:07 pm

it was late at night, Maria curled in her bed as she slept. She no longer screamed from her night terrors, but they still plagued her mind during the midnight hour. Her small and somewhat frail body shivered in the the cold of the night, her legs curled up to her chest as she slept on the thin mattress in the cold, cold cell.

-

[ time skip ]

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri May 30, 2014 10:35 pm

He had extra blankets, and the sight of the girl on the cot across from him shivering did something to him. After a bit of consideration, the man dug around in the dark for his extra and crept towards her, draping it over her lightly once he was close enough.

-

"And if you ever say anything out of turn again, it'll be the last thing you ever say." The guard returned her with a snarled warning. Leo seemed to be asleep, but he might've been resting his blind eyes. Sore. The blonde dragged herself into bed with a whimper.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Fri May 30, 2014 10:57 pm

Maria didn't know a damn thing happened, but she stopped shivering within a few minutes. She didn't know it yet, but she most likely had a friend in her cellmate. He was a good person it seemed and at least had an uncaged heart compared to the guards that trolled the rows of cells.

-

Leo's eyes snapped open. It's not like he could see anything, but they were open. "What is he doing to you?" His voice was just above a whisper as he dropped to the ground, feeling around until he knew he was close to Avery's bedside so she didn't have to speak louder than necessary.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri May 30, 2014 11:09 pm

Having found he couldn't sleep, Darren thumbed through the book on his side table and the experiments he'd been signed up for. The girl stopped shivering. He almost smiled.

-

Leo dropped down and felt around until he was at her bedside, and she reached out to touch his arm and let him know he was close. "It's complicated. I'm okay."

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Fri May 30, 2014 11:35 pm

Maria opened her eyes opened momentarily, just long enough for her to roll over and see her cellmate across from her. She feel back to sleep quickly, starting to laugh in her sleep: a sign of massive amounts of stress on the mental and emotional areas of a person, but it was a welcomed way for the stress to be shown - even lightening the mood, for lack of a better word.

-

Leo stopped moving when he felt the touch against his arm. "This is twice that he's pulled out. Something's not okay - you can't be okay." He wasn't going to be fooled by her; he hadn't been here long but he knew something was up, something bad.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri May 30, 2014 11:53 pm

She was laughing. He could only hope she wasn't going insane like the other loonies down the hall. He leaned against the wall and flipped to the back of the book, looking for any experiments that he'd been signed up for in the critical region.

-

A single tear slid down her cheek. "He's just—we have an agreement." And there was nothing Leo could do to help it, try as he might. Her hand lingered on his arm. Touching someone who didn't want to hurt her was comforting.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sat May 31, 2014 12:17 am

Before long morning came and Maria rose with the sun even when she couldn't see it. She looked over through a lazy gaze, taking note of an awake Darren. "Morning."

-

"I . . . Wha- . . . ." Leo was at a loss for words. There wasn't going to be anything he could do for her without his sight. So he did something else. He took the hand that barely touched her arm and held it in his, giving it a good squeeze as he tried to think of anything decent to say. No words came.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sat May 31, 2014 12:43 am

"Slept well?" He wondered if she noticed the blanket that had magically appeared overnight. Knowing the girl, probably. She tended to pick up on almost anything. "Why are you up so early? They won't be back to get you for a while."

-

His hand closed around hers and squeezed it, and she shut her eyes, the tears flowing a bit faster. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. We'll be fine." And he would be.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sat May 31, 2014 12:53 am

"When you have dreams like mine you only sleep for as long as you need. Where'd the other blanket come from?" Maria asked without any pause between her first sentence and her second.

-

"Stop. Just-", Leo sighed, "stop. You don't have to be strong for me, Avery."

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sat May 31, 2014 1:07 am

She slipped it in like an afterthought. "You looked cold. Couldn't help myself." Seeing her small frame shivering wasn't something he liked to watch in the least.

-

"I'm not." She let go of his hand and leaned against the wall, tilting her head back. "I just don't know what to do."

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next