private roleplay for luna and jaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

withered | roleplay

2 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

withered | roleplay - Page 5 Empty Re: withered | roleplay

Post by luna Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:24 am

Maria furrowed her brows. She didn't like confrontation, not one bit. I mean, there was an obvious reason that she gave up so easily and let Sawyer have his way with her, but this one was better. The girl cleared her throat but it didn't seem to do anything to the tension in the air when Thomas pulled up a chair and sat down next his wife, peering over the cards and chips laid out.

"You play poker? What a coincidence - I play poker also. Quite good at it too." Thom looked up at his younger brother, calling on him more than he ever had before as his wing-man. "Right, Sawyer?"

luna
Admin

https://jadedandluna.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:34 am

Vivian warily moved away when her husband pulled up a chair beside her, separating and stacking the cards absent-mindedly. This was, perhaps, one of the first times they'd all been in the same room together besides the occasional dinner, and she could practically feel the two brothers plotting against her. Even Sawyer, who was so obviously proud that he'd gotten Maria pregnant long before Thomas even got his hands on her, seemed to want to help his brother. That was somewhat worrisome. One man was easy to outsmart. Two could be as well, but Sawyer didn't seem unintelligent in the least.

"Right he does, a lot better than me. Though, that's all he reat does better than me." Sawyer chipped in, and Vivian glanced over at Thomas. "That's nice. Maybe you could teach Maria a thing or two." The man's lips turned up in a smirk. "C'mere, Maria. I'll help you."

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:48 am

As soon as Sawyer started beckoning her away from the table, she shot a look to Vivian almost asking her if she'd be okay on her own with Thomas. It wasn't like she was going to be of any real help, but she wanted to Viv to feel like she wasn't so on her own. But she couldn't stay sitting much longer. She stood with a small grin, heading with Sawyer to a table across the room and away from the other couple.

-

Sawyer's comments earned him a glare, especially the latter part; he wasn't better at everything - most girls thought Thomas was the more attractive of the two, certainly something to brag about. "How long've you been playing?" he was trying to buy his time, making small talk as he tried to think of how he could outsmart the woman into her own demise.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:59 am

Vivian watched Sawyer lead her away, sure that he was probably only doing so to allow Thomas to have her alone. "A few years. And you?" Since she was no longer trying to teach Maria, the brunette began to pick up te cards and chips to return them to their original spots. She wasn't interested in playing poker with her husband; she knew he'd turn it into a discussion about their lack of intimacy, and she was hardly in the mood to hear it.

-

"How are you feeling?" She looked good enough. The Florida sun had kissed her skin, and she was glowing because of her pregnancy. Other than morning sickness bouts and odd food cravings, she seemed, for the most part, content. That was good enough for him. "Sorry to interrupt your... uh... girl time. Thomas likes poker a bit too much."

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:16 am

"Not much longer." Thomas watched as she started to put away the cards and chips. "What are you doing? I thought we were going to play . . ." His voice almost sounded hurt, though it was fake and they both knew that.

-

"I've been doing okay", Maria said with a sigh, absentmindedly rubbing her belly with one of her hands as she leaned back in the plush seat. "He's been kicking like a kangaroo though. Every time I start talking he starts wiggling and kicking around in their; I guess he just likes the sound of my voice."

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:24 am

He wasn't hurt. He was putting on a show. He wanted to shame her into bringing the pieces out again to play, and she wasn't falling for it. "I'm not really in the mood for poker. I've lost my touch, anyway." She had no money. There was nothing for him to win except her, and she knew he wouldn't even consider playing for sheer fun. "Maybe you can play with Sawyer."

-

"Is there anything you need? Anything you want? Just let me know." It was very possible that the baby just liked the sound of her voice, and the thought made him smile. When he got to be his mother's age, he'd come to find her voice annoying. She wouldn't be there to see it unless a cure was discovered, but it was a nice thought.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:46 am

"Look", Sawyer said, blocking the girl's way before she could stand up. "This is getting tedious. So I'm here to make a deal with you. You're a smart girl so I know you're good at poker, and I'm good at poker as well. So why don't we solve our issues with this: if i win this hand you have to stop denying me, if you win you don't have to speak or interact with me ever again - promise. What do you think?" He needed this more than ever to work and this hand to go his way, otherwise he possibly just cemented his and his family's fate.

-

"More pillows would be nice", Maria said as she thought along. She suddenly jumped as the little boy kicked hard against her. It didn't hurt her any when he kicked, but it surprised most oftenly. "Calm down there buddy", she said with a soft laugh, looking down at her tummy as she rubbed her swollen belly. Only four more months until she'd get to see her little boy . . .

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:57 am

He was in her way, and she'd already raised her hands to shove him away when he started to speak. Her grey eyes narrowed as she listened to his offer, and rolled when he was done. "You want to decide whether or not you have an heir and whether you respect the word 'no' based on what is more or less a game of chance." She wouldn't do it. It was far too easy for him or Sawyer to cheat the hands. "And how am I supposed to believe anything you say?"

-

"That can easily be done. I'll have a servant tend to that before you get to bed tonight." The babt seemed to kick, because the girl jumped slightly and started talking to her stomach. Didn't that hurt? Somehow it didn't feel right to ask. He'd never know. And he was glad. Women were complicated creatures.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:31 pm

"Don't you have faith in fate?" Thomas asked with an arched eyebrow. "If you aren't meant to have a child you'll win, plain and simple." The girl was making this whole situation harder on herself. Why couldn't she just have a child? It wasn't like the kid wouldn't be provided for after it was born or she'd have to go without her own food to care for them. Thom knew it had to do with the fact that it'd be his child as well as hers, but was that really a good enough excuse for Vivian to deny him for their final four years.

-

Maria noticed the way Sawyer stared at her tummy after the kick. "Here." She reached for one of his big hands with her little ones, placing it against her swollen belly. She started speaking and the little boy started kicking. When she stopped talking so did the squirming in her tummy. "Cool, isn't it?" The grin on her face was practically a mile wide at this point.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:48 pm

"I don't have faith in you." The brunette said coldly. This wasn't a matter of fate. It was a matter of him fixing the hands and her having to pretend not to notice and take what she got. "Deal them." Her grey eyes focused on his hands, silver flames. If it'd shut him up, she'd do it. There was always a chance things might work out in her favor, but she doubted it. Either way, she had a way to stop herself from getting pregnant for a few months—possibly long enough to convince him that she was simply unable to.

-

Sawyer's eyes widened a bit when she placed on of his hands on her stomach, and his lips parted slightly when he felt movement. Unsettling, true, but there was something promising about it. Not even out the womb yet and their son was a fighter. "Yeah," Though he didn't particularly care for his wife, he couldn't help but grin.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Thomas cleared his throat at the girl's last comment before dealing the cards out and the chips too. he took a look at his hand - a decent one, but nothing that would win him what was needed.

-

"Now imagine that when you're trying to sleep", the girl chuckled, releasing Sawyer's hand. The little boy had been a nuisance at time, but more than anything, a joy to Maria. She couldn't wait to watch the small child grow up, even if for only four short years.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:20 pm

Her hand was pretty good. Depending on what he'd been dealt, she could win. Watching his face closely, she drew a card from her hand and waited for him to do the same. Suddenly, everything depended on how high his card was. The outcome of the simple game would determine how the remainder of her life was spent. Her grey eyes flickered across his features, taking in any tells.

"How can you deal with that? Doesn't it worry you? Bother you?" For being so naive and innocent, she didn't seem all too bothered by being pregnant. She was handling things much better than he'd thought she would.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:52 pm

As the game played out, Thomas's outlook on the situation became more and more bleak than the card before. Finally they were at the very end, Vivian had just laid down her hand (a very good one at that) and all her chips too. Well great. Thomas drew his last card and sighed, a smirk spreading across his face. "And a royal flush. I win."

-

"It only feels like butterflies in my stomach really; it's just distracting more than anything", Maria grinned down at her tummy, rubbing her hand over it. "Besides, it means he's healthy and as ready to get out of there as I want him out of there."

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:01 pm

The game was going well. She was convinced she'd win, but when they reached the end of the game, the man laid down a hand she hadn't been expecting and flushed. Vivian glared down at the cards, her grey gaze not daring to raise to his, which was sure to be as smug as his voice. She didn't want to hear it. She didn't want to see him. "Fine." How had that happened? Had he cheated, or was he just lucky?

He had to give her credit. She was making the best of what Vivian seemed to think was a bad situation, something most probably couldn't have done. She actually seemed excited about having his child, and he wasn't sure whether to blame her innocence or bubbly personality. "Soon, love."

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Thomas let out a low chuckle, leaning back in his cushioned seat. He rubbed the inside of one of his fingers on his upper lip, looking over at the girl who was sitting there with controlled rage. "C'mon. It can't be that bad Vivian." Could carrying a child be that awful? He knew about morning sickness and stretch marks and contractions, but was it all that bad in the end?

-

"Have you thought of any names?" Maria peered over at Sawyer. She had been thinking of a few, but she wasn't sure if they were all that great.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:24 pm

"Funny, Thomas. Your mouth's moving, and it damn well shouldn't be." She wasn't in the mood for his quips and bragging, especially not with her brother-in-law and his wife in the same room. "If you'll excuse me, I'll be in my room." Alone, though she figured she wouldn't say that until—if—he tried to follow her.

"Can't say I have. Have you?" Girls were always much better at names. Sawyer had tossed around a few, but none seemed to sound right. He'd been hoping that his wife would handle the names, within reason.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:46 pm

Thomas's sly grin didn't leave his face as his newly-defeated wife left the room. She could only run and hide for so long. She had sealed her own fate with her hand, and the same to him. She could only resist him for a little time longer . . .

-

"I wanted to pay homage to our parents. What if we gave him my father's name, Charles or Charlie, and gave him the housemaster's name as his middle? Charles Harrison." She had been thinking of this for a long time, and liked the sound of the two name together - they were regal sounding, for lack of a better word. "What do you think?"

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:54 pm

[time skip]

-

"Charles Harrison," Sawyer tried the name out for size, finding that he rather liked the sophistication attached to it. "I like that. Charles Harrison Heronby." Hearing her father's name made him realize he knew very little about her parents and where she'd come from.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Several hours later, Thomas sat on the edge of Vivian's bed, reaching for his shirt with the cockiest smirk on his face. The deal they made had to be honored, and it was so far. He'd done the deed, though he would be quite impressed if his wife would turn up pregnant after his first go at it.
          He was pretty positive she didn't want to cuddle but that was fine by him - he wasn't much of a cuddler anyway. He pulled his shirt over his head, slipping his arms through the dark gray v-neck before standing. "Well this has been wonderful, but I'll be going now." He brushed his hand against Viv's cheek, pushing a few stray strands of brunette hair away from her face and behind her ear. "I'll see you tonight at dinner, yes?"

-

"He has an adult name when he needs it, but he has a more childish one when he wants it." Maria grinned. That was what drew her to the combination - or that's what she told herself at least. It really was more to remind her of home, to remind her that she would never forget her father and was always thinking of him.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:05 pm

Thomas was far too smug for her liking. He might've taken away her ability to say no, but he hadn't won yet. She made herself a mental note to remember to take her pill the next morning. Vivian watched him reach for and pull on his grey v-neck, bringing her hand up to rub her raw, bruised lips, and run her fingers over her tingling skin. He'd been rough and crude, as expected, but she probably would've hated him more if he hadn't been. If that was even possible. He brushed his hand along her cheek and pushed a few stray hairs behind her ear, and she merely stared at him. "Actually, I think I'll have my domestic bring my food to me."

-

She was right. The child didn't need an adult name when he was young, but a young name when he was older would weigh him down. Maria was smarter than he'd thought, seeing as she'd had the brains to think ahead that far. "Charles Harrison it is, then. Very nice."

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:31 pm

Thomas nodded, heading towards the door the smirk still on his lips. "I'll see you tomorrow then darling. Good night." He picked up his shoes from the floor, carrying them instead of putting them on. He wasn't sure how much longer the girl would be able to keep her cool after what had just gone down, and he wanted to get out of there before she flipped her lid.

-

Maria was a very smart girl - always had been, always will. But sometimes her naivety blinded her, like her trust for Sawyer. Any normal human being wouldn't their spouse, especially when they kidnapped you and gave you the ultimatum of marriage or probable death. But not, Maria. Though she didn't love Sawyer, she liked him - though him kind and patient, unlike his brother. Vivian had warned her early on, before she was pregnant with his child, to be wary of the man, but of course she didn't heed her words and her future would pay for it sorely.

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Vivian flinched at his use of the pet name, and picked up the lamp on her beside table. She hurled it at the man and watched it shatter at his feet, eyes grey flames. She'd always targeted the lamp, hadn't she? "Get out, and don't come back. Now." He didn't have shoes on, and glass littered the floor. Her clothes were within reach, so she'd be fine.

-

"Are you hungry, love? It's almost time for dinner." It had been a few hours since he'd seen Vivian and Thomas. It almost made him wonder how the poker game had ended, what had gone on after. Thomas would probably tell him, or Vivian would tell Maria. He could count on Maria to keep him informed.

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:33 pm

Thom just laughed. His timing was correct; he thought he didn't know Vivian, but it looked like he did. He headed out the room, careful of the glass shards. He called into the room as he left: "I'll send a servant up to clean this up." He closed the door behind him, securing the lock in place - she wasn't going anywhere tonight.

-

"I'm always hungry", she admitted with a grin. But she had good reason to be so: she was eating for two. Charles, they'd recently decided on, had stopped kicking nearly as much as her hunger grew. Maybe he was getting hungry and tired too . . .

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:14 am

The door closed, and she heard the lock click. She reached forward and grabbed her clothes, pulling them on before the servant decided to walk in and clean up the glass. The lock, at least, would keep anyone else out. Thomas might come back, but if he did, she'd throw something else at him. And if he still came back, something else. It'd never end.

-

He'd almost forgotten. Pregnant women never seemed to stop eating. Maria was a bottomless pit. "Then we'd best hope the head cook makes dinner quickly tonight, hm?"

jaded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luna Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:55 pm

[ time skip ]

-

Maria laughed softly. "I'll be okay for a little while." Before long dinner was served in the main dining room, the classics - steak, pasta, salad, baked potatoes, and so on - as well as Chinese food which was the 'theme' for the night. "God everything looks good."

luna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next